Go Back   Fallen Angels > Fallen Divisions > Retired Divisions > Call of Duty 4

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Xbox 360: Competition
Old 09-13-2007, 07:11 PM   #1  
eighteesix / Killya
Call of Duty Staff

Default Xbox 360: Competition

There's been some discussion lately about a number of aspects related to competitiveness, the different platforms, and what features will be available. I think it's important to cover this discussion before we determine this division's main goals.

I for one would like this new division to have a competitive team within the division, but allow casual gamers to be a part of the division itself as well. Focusing on the competitive aspect, first of all we have to acknowledge that PC gaming is the competitive platform. Because of this, our division (assuming is a 360 div) will not have the opportunities of some of the PC based CoD4 groups. That's fine by me though.

However, through some of the competitive channels, I've heard that many people are concerned about certain aspects of the game. Competitive players are genuinely worried about the perks not being balanced, fair, or natural to competitive play. They are also concerned with the air strikes and helicopters because they are not deemed as "tactical" means of winning. In talking with some members of the league community, they claim to have fixed CoD2 through software tweaks and claim they'll "do the same" if they don't like the final product for competitive purposes. This means that the community may very well do away with UAV, air strikes, helicopters, and even perks all together if they are deemed "not fit" for competitive play.

Unfortunately, we don't have that capability on the 360, and so I'm wondering where that leaves us. The beta seems very well balanced but we won't know what the final product is until it's in our hands. I just hope there's a serious market for the console version.