Go Back   Fallen Angels > General Discussion > Anything Goes!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

*READ* Status Report for FA
Old 02-14-2007, 03:19 PM   #1  
blood

blood is
Default *READ* Status Report for FA

A lot of you read about our meeting on IRC and some of you even made it there. I thought I'd take a moment to tell you what's changed since then. Here we go...

Divisions

Gears of War needs a Warlord. Without a leader a division can't function. Admins do not control a division, that's the Warlord's responsibility. If you would like to be considered for this contact, via PM or IRC, FreemaN, KhaoZ, Lhurgoyf or myself. I don't own Gears but can help you get ahold of an admin who does.
Click here for more info

Counter-Strike: Source Recruiting for CAL. We need regular div members also!

Unreal Tournament 3 KhaoZ just created the sub-forum a moment before I posted here. :) I made an "Official Interest Thread" so check that out here.

America's Army has started its recruiting process. We welcome aboard 2 new members already, Hunter and Elite. :)

World of Warcraft has a division made for it currently. There isn't many of you but that never stopped a div from growing before. :) We wish you guys good luck with it.

Rainbow 6: Vegas doesn't need much said you can't find in the div's forum! You guys are constantly posting, communicating and playing. Matches are taking place along with pubs and whatever else. Good work, guys. You make us proud. Door is always open to recruit, though. Just a thought.

Battlefield 2 is officially being removed. The people who made up the division including its leaders left, so we are without. It would take a tremendous leader to make this happen. FA may or may not have such a leader right now. As we see it the div is going to be removed for now. However, if someone can come up with 15 people to re-open it, we'll talk.

Everquest 2 / Guild Wars are pretty quiet on the homefront but report much action going on. Hopefully things are going good. We'd love to hear from you again :)

Donations

I really wish I could say things are great here, but I can't. Thankfully a couple of you have decided to help donate towards the clan Ventrilo server. This is an extremely appreciated and useful contribution to the clan as a whole. Your respective divs also have unmet needs, though.

Currently we are short on:

America's Army pub server was lost or downgraded. IceBlade is your man to talk to if you wish to donate to AA. Contact Stoner (AA WL) if Ice isn't available and he can help too.

Counter-Strike: Source pub server is down and our match server is having a rough time money-wise. Any contributions you can help make to this fund is great. The match server costs around $100/m and is run by Cobra. If you'd like to donate, he's your man. I can also help you if he isn't available at the moment.

The site fund is decent but if you feel the need and have some extra cash... ....well... check the above list first :)

Recruiting in General

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that each division start actively recruiting people either now or as soon as we get the new site up. This merely depends on your games typical player. For example, a CSS-er would rather have everything all there and easy to use whereas someone on a console game might not mind *just* forums. Whatever the case I'll personally suggest you guys get active. FA used to be all that and a bag of chips and there isn't anything stopping it from returning except server funds and recruitment.

Recruiting brings in donors. Donors keep activity. Activity will bring you friendships, good times and more than just owning someone in the face with a sniper :)

---------------------
Some less-important but still useful things to note, also...

Forum Features

Profile Notes: CLICK HERE FOR HOW

File Management System: Click the FILES button up top in the nav.

Forums/java-based IRC chat: Click the CHAT button up there also.

Calendar: We do use the calendar for some things. It's good to check it regularly.

Check your division's Information post regularly for updates along with any and all stickies in General Discussion and your active forums. These are important... HENCE THE STICKINESS.

See ya 'round,
Forever Fallen,
})FA| blood

Last edited by blood : 02-17-2007 at 01:23 PM.