Go Back   Fallen Angels > Fallen Divisions > Retired Divisions > Rainbox Six: Vegas

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

rainbow six vegas mappack soon?
Old 02-03-2007, 12:39 PM   #1  
W00D
RS: Vegas Team Member

Default rainbow six vegas mappack soon?

The rumour mill is churning away again. In this month’s edition of OXM (in the US presumably), there is talk of a new downloadable pack coming to the Marketplace in March for Rainbow 6: Vegas. Included are several maps and new game types, apparently.

There will actually be ten new maps, and two new game types. There is no current mention of new equipment such as weapons and armour, but it would be strange not to include at least a couple of new items. All this for 800 MS Points; almost too good to be true.

The maps include “Red Lotus”, “Wartown”, “Marshalling Yard”, “Neon Graveyard” and “Presidio”, with obviously more to be included. The new game types are “Assassination” and “Conquest”. The former game type sees your team having to defend your VIP, whilst trying to take out the other team’s VIP. The last time I played a game of that nature was way back on the GameCube, “007: Agent Under Fire”, and that was great fun with only four players. The latter mode is apparently similar to that of Halo. Each team needs to control three specific locations in order to win; some of you will likely have fond memories playing this mode.

All in all it seems a good deal. The 800 Points is a little surprising when you consider they charged 1200 Points for a GR:AW pack, but maybe they have learnt their lesson and offering it at a solid £5/$10 is the result. Don’t forget that this is still a rumour, since we have not heard from Ubisoft at this time. If it is true, will any of you be buying it?

i cant wait this will prolly get me playing the game again i need new maps instead of streets and killhouse