Go Back   Fallen Angels > General Discussion > Anything Goes!

Old 09-03-2006, 02:15 PM   #21  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathious
Well my mention of blu-ray was that that format is from Sony they developed it the disc and system for it. I was merely mentioning that the technology was developed and is owned by sony. like the sony memory stick. that was the mention I was giving that. I am not partial I am giving my view on things and yes microsoft is rich but I was also stating that sony doesn't solely depend on gaming systems to keep them alive. I also can't see why sigil games choose to not go with microsoft for the back-end hosting when they had a contract that microsoft let them out of because of development reasons. I don't know or really care at this point just sharing my view. I don't play console games and so it is not relavent to me I suppose. sony would prolly do better not making consoles and saving all that money on R&D of them. If microsoft did have the OS market wrapped up then I think things would be alot different. Because I don't know what you all call a monopoly but Microsoft is pretty much that in the OS for gamers department. Unless you all know that all the titles out work on OS 10 or Linux and I don't. I personally Just dislike Bill Gates cause i am forced to Use his OS if I want to play my games. so I am kinda Sony partial i suppose. One day we will all drive microsoft cars and you will have to drive on roads your car is compatable with then we would all be in trouble. lol BILL GATES for World Government President!!!!!! he will fix everything yeahh all hail king bill.
Hehe. Yeah, sony did create BluRay tech, which is another thing that put them so far in the hole. The developement of that technology was expensive, and giving Sony's track record on creating failed media storage(UMD, Mini Disks, Memory Stick), I'm guessing this is going to fail as well, and hurt them pretty bad in the long run.

But, as for the Windows domination over all other OSs, while I agree Window's isn't the most sound OS there is, or even close to some, I do like the idea of 1 OS dominating all others. Why? Because it brings down the cost of creating games. When a dev has to only focus on 1 OS when creating their games, they don't need all the extra people, or time, required to get it working on others. Plus when I go to the store to buy a game, I don't have to check if it'll work with my WindowsXP to often. Weak reasoning there I guess, but it's just how I feel. WindowsXP has been real good to me, with little to no problems at all, so I guess I am biased. Where as others have reported many problems with their systems.

I guess though, that 2 big time OS's couldn't hurt that much, and would drive eachother to do better in the end to stay with the competition. So who knows.

Old 09-03-2006, 03:53 PM   #22  
Zackizle
Halo 2 God

Name a person who isnt a junkie for video games that will know who the fuck sony is for their Bluray, memory stick or tv or anything? No one will
Everysingle one of them will say "isnt that who made the ps2?"
Then you also have to say this rath. Alot of sony's marketing are giving microsfot money, seeing as alot of the shit they make is for microsoft.
Sony is dieing, face it. Bankrupt within a few years

Old 09-03-2006, 08:11 PM   #23  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

Dead? Doubt it. Hurting for a while? Sure. They're Sony though, they'll pull out of this eventually, though I doubt they'll ever be the giant they once were. Bluray more than likely will fail, but their TVs are making a slight comback from their drastic drop in sales, and their record label is doing decent as well. Sony is so big, that when one part suffers, there are others to hold them afloat. Though they are hurting as a whole like never before, I wouldn't count them out by a long shot.

And in Rath's defense, there is always the slight possibility of Name Brand holding them through this latest console war. Playstation is a strong name in the world of gamers, and while I don't think that alone will win the war for them, it will for sure sell millions of units for Sony. The problem Sony needs to get over right now, is they need something more to back up that name recognition. Cause while people will love a past favorite, they are quick to turn if the past favorite doesn't deliver.

We'll see though. It will be much more interesting than the last 2 console wars were. I'm looking for something more along the old Genesis vs SNES days with this round. It will be fun.