Go Back   Fallen Angels > General Discussion > Anything Goes!

europeness
Old 11-21-2007, 01:12 AM   #1  
eighteesix / Killya
Call of Duty Staff

Default europeness

im backpacking through europe with a close friend for about 3 weeks over january. tentatively, we'll be starting in england, then france (we're fluent in french), switzerland, italy, germany, austria, sweden, netherlands, then home. is there anything anyone here wants to tell me right off the bat? how about advice? experiences? places? beers? pubs/bars/clubs?

ive been everywhere in england and france, but the others would be helpful, although i wouldnt turn away information on england and france either. i plan to spend around $700 on round trip air fare. im also thinking about a ~$530 eurail pass for 10days over 2 months. staying at hostels, bringing backpacks and probably a duffel bag or something. im also expecting to spend around 1000-1600 USD (cash and visa card), for hostels, food, and having fun/misc. my iphone works in all 8 countries :D

so, you help me, i bring pics

Old 11-21-2007, 12:35 PM   #2  
IceBlade
Forum Nazi

I've never even been to Europe :(

Old 11-21-2007, 01:27 PM   #3  
Vinco
Bone Brigade

Dont Go To The Hostels!!!!!/

Old 11-21-2007, 04:48 PM   #4  
Emerica.
Wicked Sick!

My friend has been like everywhere in the world. I'll see ask him to come on here and post for you if I remember.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:16 PM   #5  
BearAssJoe
Killing Spree!

Amsterdam Arena :)

Old 11-22-2007, 10:37 AM   #6  
Sc0rPi0n
Super Moderator

Make sure you wrap it twice.

I have never been to Europe, but I am all set to go through Europe, and then Asia over the summer. Tell me how it goes for you.

http://cellfish.com/multimedia/110451

Old 11-24-2007, 04:21 PM   #7  
Represent
First Blood!

I have been to a good amount of those places. You already said you have been to most of England and France so you probably got that covered. The one spot in France if you have not seen it that i thought was cool was Normandy. Maybe thats just because i like history too much, but if you have not gone and get a chance that might be a cool historical experience for you. In Germany I was in Munich and that was decent, but what was the coolest about Germany was neuschwanstein castle and the Bavarian region. Give that a look if you get a chance. When you are in Austria definitely check out Innsbruck, its a cool little town in the Alps. I took a lift to the top of the mountains and looked down upon the valley that was 75 degrees while i was standing on the mountain in snow. Cool experience and great view. If you like classical music definitely go to Salzburg, where I beleive Mozart was born. And of course Vienna, I found that city to be one of the most beautiful in Europe. Very clean, moderate size, lovely atmosphere and great surrounding countryside.

I should be heading to backpack around Eastern Europe next year. That looks to be a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy your trip. Have lots of fun and if you have anymore questions hopefully i can help you out

Last edited by Represent : 11-24-2007 at 04:25 PM.