Go Back   Fallen Angels > Fallen Divisions > Retired Divisions > Call of Duty 4

Cod4
Old 08-24-2007, 12:29 PM   #1  
Rathious
Wicked Sick!

Default Cod4

I am not sure if this has been put up there yet but I would really like to see this as a division. I am sure there will be a competitive ladder for this game and I think this clan could use a few fresh faces and a couple new games. I vote for a COD4 division. I believe this game would make a great addition to the Fallen-Angels family. I suggest if we are going to make this a division we get going on it sooner then later everyone remembers how that worked out for the BF2 division starting up later into the game. We must strike while the Iron is hot!

Old 08-24-2007, 04:51 PM   #2  
Fallen JeStEr
RS: Vegas Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathious
I am not sure if this has been put up there yet but I would really like to see this as a division. I am sure there will be a competitive ladder for this game and I think this clan could use a few fresh faces and a couple new games. I vote for a COD4 division. I believe this game would make a great addition to the Fallen-Angels family. I suggest if we are going to make this a division we get going on it sooner then later everyone remembers how that worked out for the BF2 division starting up later into the game. We must strike while the Iron is hot!

yeah this game should be sweet like cherry pie!

And I think if people are serious about making a division for this game. You guys should plan a night sometime soon to have a meeting on irc chat about making this a division.

Last edited by Fallen JeStEr : 08-24-2007 at 04:55 PM.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:44 PM   #3  
MaVeRiCk
Dominating!

I've been playing the multiplayer beta on the 360 for a week or so solid now... It's a great game; though (as far as it's concerned on the 360) it's not a "Halo" killer. The best way I can describe the game is this: It's a mix between America's Army, Battlefield 2, and Call of Duty itself. It looks a lot like America's army (though it has a lot more ambient textures) and plays A LOT like the battlefield series... I'm talking it takes 2-10 bullets to take someone out. The Call of Duty aspect is well...all the guns kinda sound the same - it's remarkable how crappy the sounds are for a game of this magnitude but oh well.

If you like the battlefield series, but prefer small AA type game settings...You can't go wrong with this game.

Old 08-28-2007, 11:26 PM   #4  
Fallen JeStEr
RS: Vegas Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVeRiCk
I've been playing the multiplayer beta on the 360 for a week or so solid now... It's a great game; though (as far as it's concerned on the 360) it's not a "Halo" killer. The best way I can describe the game is this: It's a mix between America's Army, Battlefield 2, and Call of Duty itself. It looks a lot like America's army (though it has a lot more ambient textures) and plays A LOT like the battlefield series... I'm talking it takes 2-10 bullets to take someone out. The Call of Duty aspect is well...all the guns kinda sound the same - it's remarkable how crappy the sounds are for a game of this magnitude but oh well.

If you like the battlefield series, but prefer small AA type game settings...You can't go wrong with this game.

interesting! thanks for the input.

Old 08-30-2007, 04:25 AM   #5  
eighteesix / Killya
Call of Duty Staff

Well I'm not totally sure why you guys are saying you want to see this game as a division when you haven't even played it... but ok. And um maverick the beta just came out like 2 days ago...

I have been playing the beta all night. It's by far one of the best multiplayer games on xbox. I think it is a Halo killer, but unfortunately with the hype and anticipation of Halo, halo has a secure future. Anyways, cod4 is absolutely amazing. It's amazingly balanced, has great long term value, terrific sounds/effects/textures, and most of all its incredibly fun.

I would definitely be interested in taking this division somewhere, just like the MoHAA division back in the day. If you havn't signed up to get a key for the beta yet, DO IT! This is one of the best games I've played on the 360. I would easily put it above CS.

Last edited by eighteesix / Killya : 08-30-2007 at 04:31 AM.

Old 08-30-2007, 06:06 PM   #6  
MaVeRiCk
Dominating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killya
Well I'm not totally sure why you guys are saying you want to see this game as a division when you haven't even played it... but ok. And um maverick the beta just came out like 2 days ago...

I have been playing the beta all night. It's by far one of the best multiplayer games on xbox. I think it is a Halo killer, but unfortunately with the hype and anticipation of Halo, halo has a secure future. Anyways, cod4 is absolutely amazing. It's amazingly balanced, has great long term value, terrific sounds/effects/textures, and most of all its incredibly fun.

I would definitely be interested in taking this division somewhere, just like the MoHAA division back in the day. If you havn't signed up to get a key for the beta yet, DO IT! This is one of the best games I've played on the 360. I would easily put it above CS.

The first small wave of "pre-beta",if you will, did come out last week...they just had the first huge public tokens sent out 2 days ago...

go to fourtwozero's blog (www.fourtwozero.com) and look back about a week...there is a post about a week ago where he asked people to send e-mails with anwsers to a few questions to an infinity ward e-mail as to be in the first-wave lotto (i think the most i ever saw online until a couple days ago was 1,000)... If you still don't believe me I can post a time-stamped e-mail that has an extra excerpt that states it was actually still considered "friends and family." only.

It is no doubt a great game, and I've really only logged about 12 hours of actual in-game time in a week... I'd say about 90% of the time I'm the top one (on my team at least) in the game...a little more now because there is a lot of new blood that just came in during the last couple of days. Still...It play VERY similair to the battlefield series; just on a smaller scale. It's going to be a huge multiplayer without a doubt... I'm not sure I understand how you can call this game a halo killer then say halo has more hype so it's going to be secured; that is half of the battle...Why do you think CoD is doing the beta strategy? Half of the people who've registered on charlieoscardelta.com in the last month hadn't heard of it for the last 6 months it's been around...The only difference was they caught news of a beta; it's IW's way of hyping the game up...Now all they need to do is sit back and let these salivating beta players spread the news to their buddies about how great the game is.

It's one of those games where you can jump into a game full of veterans and still feel useful; you will get a kill, and you will feel exhilaration (Though the seasoned players will know your a total nib pretty easily).

I've been following this game for some time, and it's nice to see it come to fruiting and I do think it's going to be a smash hit of a game...It's just that after awhile it gets to feel like I'm playing BF2 again zooming down my dot site wasting half a clip to drop my foe....

Killya did you play the Halo 3 beta by any chance?

Old 08-31-2007, 03:54 AM   #7  
eighteesix / Killya
Call of Duty Staff

I wasn't very impressed with the Halo 3 beta, especially if you compare it to my reaction to Call of Duty 4.

Overall, I'd say the only way to compare the BF series and CoD series is that they're both first person shooters and they have their standard similarities, but the comparison ends there. CoD4 is a much more advanced game in terms of potential for long term playability and value, not to mention the competitive nature of the game and it's support for clans, etc. I'd also have to disagree with you and say that the rookies who start months down the road will be at a severe disadvantage and may not always feel useful in the beginning. The progression of a person's account allows them to use many advanced equipment in the game on top of their increased skills, so I think it's not necessarily one of those games that just anyone will be able to pick up and play. Although the singleplayer will obviously be neutral in that sense.

Also, I know a lot of people who have been planning on signing up for this beta well before the beta registration began. Gamestop has been advertising CoD4 for months--the game was announced some time ago, and many people were hoping for this, similar to Halo. But Halo is... Halo--it was the first hit on the xbox. If Halo 3 is someone's first halo game, I think that's where people could choose CoD4 over Halo. But what i meant was that people who've been playing halo forever and who are looking forward to halo3 will play it whether they love it or think it's just ok. Halo has an insanely loyal fanbase.

CoD4 just amazes me for so many different reasons. I think infinity ward has done a great job so far and the beta will help them in the final development of the title. While I think the beta was partly a publicity stunt, what beta isnt? I think the beta will help the final stages of development of the game without question, based on player's feedback for final balancing issues, glitches, and MOST importantly server loads--the main problem many other xbox live games are having. Many shadowrun players were upset when it first came out because there were some connectivity issue due to lack of beta for the game.

I just finished playing another few hours and I can easily say that I am very interested in co/leading a division, probably competitive, for CoD4. This is a great xbox game that will be very popular at the gaming events, right behind halo3. Although TBH im not sure how the PC aspect of the game will play into the xbox aspect--can both play together on the same servers like other xbox games? I'm not sure what the word on that is yet.

**edit: I don't feel as though I'm being honest enough... Halo3 is basically the same thing as Halo1 and 2 with a few graphical improvements and a few gameplay enhancements. I wasn't that impressed.

Last edited by eighteesix / Killya : 08-31-2007 at 12:34 PM.

Old 08-31-2007, 06:46 PM   #8  
The Swedish Bot
RS: Vegas Team Member

I'm gonna get it, but not sure if I'm ready to leave Vegas Division for it, at least not now.

Old 09-01-2007, 01:06 PM   #9  
eighteesix / Killya
Call of Duty Staff

That's the one game I hear is on par with CoD4, is RS:V. I still want to give that a shot.

Old 09-04-2007, 02:21 PM   #10  
Rathious
Wicked Sick!

Well I am down to play the game when it releases for PC. I preordered Metal of honor airborne today also supposed to come in tomorrow. The preorder-came with a copy of battlefield 2 which is nice since I lost my disc one to play with.