Go Back   Fallen Angels > Fallen Divisions > Retired Divisions > Rainbox Six: Vegas

no tv for me
Old 08-17-2007, 08:28 PM   #1  
minefewer
Halo 3 Team Fallen Angelsx

Default no tv for me

In an attempt to clean out the fish tank some water got inside my tv and i think fried something. The tv was on when it happened but turned off, when we turned it back on it only stayed on for like 5 sec. I was going to attempt to see if I can fix the tv but my other option is rent a center. I know I am going to pay a marked up price for it but they said I can have one in the house by Monday if all goes well, maybe tomarrow if I can get them to load it on my work truck instead of delivery. I saw a good one I was thinking about. It was a Philips 47" 1080p (not even sure that works with xbox because the guy only plays ps3). I have been shopping around for a HD tv and this one looks just as good as the one I saw at best buy only this one is an inch bigger and cost like three or five hundred more when paid off over 2 years. I was hopeing for input, does this seem like a good idea to anyone?

Old 08-17-2007, 11:01 PM   #2  
Guyzea
RS: Vegas Team Member

Well if you have the hd cables/component cables then you can do 1080p with the 360. As far as getting the tv, it depends, if you have the money to spend then go for it.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:31 AM   #3  
The Swedish Bot

I would seriously recommend not using any of the rent to own junk, just from personal experience its not worth it.I would recommend checking out some pawn shops you might have. Average rule of thumb is that they sell stuff for around half of what it is retail, however each store does their own thing.

Old 08-18-2007, 12:48 PM   #4  
Fallen JeStEr
RS: Vegas Staff

I wouldn't rent tv at all. I would just buy one if you have the money or save up and settle with a crappy regular tv. I got to find a pawn shop in my area.

Old 08-18-2007, 05:45 PM   #5  
minefewer
Halo 3 Team Fallen Angelsx

Yeah I am really not jumping for the rent thing but to be honest that seems like my only real option to have a tv with in the next month. I went through these guys before and didn't have any probloms so hopefully everything will go good. I was planning on getting a new tv soon but this was unexpected and really threw me off. Atleast I will finally take time to read my halo graphic novel. If anyonw wanted to know this is the tv I am looking at, I talked to them today and they said for sure if I want I can have it by Monday night.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:41 PM   #6  
Guyzea

Wow minefewer, looks nice. Might have to check one for myself when i move.