Go Back   Fallen Angels > General Discussion > Anything Goes!

#FA Meeting Results - Summary (02/07/2007)
Old 02-08-2007, 01:48 AM   #1  
FreemaN
Super Moderator

Default #FA Meeting Results - Summary (02/07/2007)

#FA Meeting Results

Full Log:

http://bloodfa.freehostia.com/fameetingIRC1 *Minor editing, got rid of nonsense and such. Same document, new URL -blood

Not a bad turnout considering the current state of this clan. The IRC channel felt more like home though, reminded me of its activity back in...2004 perhaps. The meeting began with a discussion on the current status of this entire clan, which is obviously abysmal compared to its former self. Divisions/ideas, the new website, admins, history, and a whole lot of ranting was discussed in this 2+ hour meeting. The majority of us feel like we accomplished something here but only time will tell if people carry out on their decisions.

Basic Summary

Divisions

World of Warcraft: A hot topic for discussion. Gooshy and Element expressed interest in getting the ball rolling with an FA WoW division and obviously require help from anyone supporting the idea. Element brought some ideas to the table that are worth checking out. (See Log) Anyone still willing to join an FA WoW division should direct themselves to the "Proposed Divisions" forum.

Dystopia: An interesting mod for Half-life 2 that was brought up during the meeting by Megaman. It appears the game has quite a bit of support and is still in its beta stages. The game will most likely have a CAL division when it reaches post beta stages. If Megaman is still willing to help build the base for a division it would be a great start. I will make an attempt at gathering recruits for this division myself shortly after this.

http://www.dystopia-game.com/

Starsiege 2845: A free game based upon the old Starsiege/Tribes games most of us played around here. Blood himself has been trying to get a division for this game started, there is some interest but fresh blood will have to be brought in for this division to work.

http://www.clancoregames.com/s1/

WarRock: Yet another free game. This BF2 like game was brought up by Stoner who claimed a few FA'ers played the game and could bring a division together after final release.

http://www.warrock.net/

UT2k4: There has been renewed interest in this game, even I am trying to find my old cds around here. A few of us have been playing with eachother recently and another division for the game would be great, however it is a shot in the dark. Feedback would be nice.

FEAR Combat (Free) and Company of Heroes were mentioned.

http://www.joinfear.com/main

Future divisions that should be planned: Quake Wars, Age of Conan, UT3.

That sums up the division section of our chat. We are a gaming clan and we are in desperate need of new faces and new divisions. Recruiting should be the #1 priority around here. Those who are trying to get new divisions started, please keep us updated and ask for help when needed.

Website
Lhurgoyf and Khaoz seemed to have worked out a schedule for the new site, so I am unsure if they still needed any kind of help with the website.

Feb 07 20:05:28 <KhaoZ> the site needs someone who knows how to cut out a layout and make it EXACTLY how it was intended, with no stray pixels making things look retarded
Feb 07 20:11:46 <KhaoZ> the rest lhurg and i can do easy and quickly
Feb 07 20:11:59 <KhaoZ> we need someone to take that first image, and turn it into HTML without any pixel shifting or loss of quality
Feb 07 20:12:09 <KhaoZ> most people who cut a layout out do a real sloppy job of it
Feb 07 20:12:16 <KhaoZ> and unless it's done right, i'd rather no one touch my design
Feb 07 20:59:37 <KhaoZ> lhurg and I are discussing a schedule
Feb 07 21:00:30 <KhaoZ> we'll get this shit done guys
Feb 07 21:00:43 <KhaoZ> just need to work together
Feb 07 21:02:35 <KhaoZ> What i'd like to see more of, is people posting outside their own division forums
Feb 07 21:02:49 <KhaoZ> there are people of this clan who judge it's activity based on the chatter in the GD
Feb 07 21:02:57 <KhaoZ> and when there is none, they decide it's dead, and they leave

Lhurgoyf or Khaoz, I am going to assume you discussed the web site and wont need any help on this. Feel free to clarify when you wake up.

Admins/Rants
Various things were said during this final discussion topic. You will have to read the log if you wish to know much about it. Mostly just pointing out faults of the admins, the same old stuff. How all of this could have been prevented...etc. No use looking at the past.

FA History Wiki Project
Ah yes, an FA Wiki was recently created. Myself and Blood have been adding a few things here and there in our spare time. If any old school members would care to help out with the wiki, it would be greatly appreciated. The wiki should be made public soon enough.

[09:26pm] [FA|cL0cK] we should have monthly FA meetings
[09:26pm] [FA|cL0cK] to keep peoples shit in gear
[09:26pm] [FA|cL0cK] first thursday of every month
[09:26pm] [FA|cL0cK] people dont do shit on thursday evenings
[09:26pm] [FA|cL0cK] other than get drunk on campus
[09:27pm] [FA|CoBra] true
[09:27pm] [FA|CoBra] Well we might just do that
[09:27pm] [FA|CoBra] apparently more people wanted to help than we thought, just never said anything
[09:27pm] [FA|CoBra] I don't understand why it took a meeting for people to say something

And so concludes this meeting. Definately a step in the right direction, and we actually got some things done. Those of you who are working on new divisions, it would be appreciated if you idled in #FA on irc.gamesurge.net. We still have things to go over and progress to keep track of.

Last edited by blood : 02-10-2007 at 08:48 AM.

Old 02-08-2007, 01:56 AM   #2  
blood

blood is

I'm very glad to of been part of the meeting and asked to talk about some of the issues that were discussed. We most deffinatly should hold one again but really it would just help to have people in the channel I think. :) Ideas are best when shot around comfortably until they get enough thought to be taken seriously.

Thanks for the time and thoughts guys. FA for life baby!

PS. Lhurg I ask that you PM/Xfire me tomorrow when you have time. You asked me to msg you but I don't know how well placed that would be with your busy schedule. Let me know because I have some ideas to help transition us over if you would discuss them with me and in the admin section. Thanks buddy.

Last edited by blood : 02-08-2007 at 02:04 AM.

Old 02-08-2007, 02:15 AM   #3  
})FA.cL0cK
Alcoholic

Holla6789x

It's time to meet your master.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:01 PM   #4  
CoBra
¿s3x?

this was a big step forward, and needs to be at the top for a reminder.

Let it be known that things will change around here, and has needed for a while. I stand strong in what I said in that meeting, and encourage you all to read the log file.

Any feedback from anyone is appreciated, especially the admins. Just let it be known that it was not meant to bring you down, but yet to perhaps make you think about what has been happening.

Things can be done, it just takes more than one person to get it done.

This clan is everything to me, and always will be, I will not stop fighting for this clan, and will always be here for it and its members.

I believe a Sticky is in order.

What are your thoughts on a monthly meeting? To keep things in check, and to make sure progress is happening. I think that is an excellent idea, how does the first Thursday of every month sound to everyone?

Now is your time to also post your opinions, for those that were not at the meeting, the log is there, let this post continue the meeting, and your thoughts.

Thanks

~CoBra - FA 4 Life.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:18 PM   #5  
element.
First Blood!

like someone said in the meeting, if we start to hold monthly meetings it will keep us on track on what needs to be done and i think it's a good idea

Old 02-08-2007, 06:22 PM   #6  
MegamanEXE
First Blood!

never mind, no one cares anyway

Last edited by MegamanEXE : 02-08-2007 at 06:45 PM.

Old 02-08-2007, 07:27 PM   #7  
blood

blood is

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegamanEXE
never mind, no one cares anyway
you both acted poorly.

'nuff said.

Old 02-08-2007, 07:28 PM   #8  
CoBra
¿s3x?

mega, can you come talk to me on IRC please.

Old 02-10-2007, 02:25 PM   #9  
Fulgora
Dominating!

i know what will solve everything!!! SC2 and D3!!!

Old 02-10-2007, 07:33 PM   #10  
FlashhhBanggg
Wicked Sick!

Welll wohooo just finally finished reading toook me a dayam loong time but i survived :) HAIFAIVVV