Go Back   Fallen Angels > General Discussion > Anything Goes!

Sony Porting PGR3 to PS3 and Calling it GT4!
Old 01-25-2007, 03:26 PM   #1  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

Question Sony Porting PGR3 to PS3 and Calling it GT4!

Or are they just stealing the screenshots and pretending it's GT4?

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12628/...ran-Turismo-4/
http://digg.com/gaming_news/sony_ste...ir_o wn_title
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6164738...stnews;title;0

Old 01-29-2007, 01:24 AM   #2  
eighteesix / Killya
Call of Duty Staff

sony changed the image lol

Old 01-29-2007, 07:39 AM   #3  
MegamanEXE
First Blood!

Shh! Do you hear that? That is the sound of a Sony employee loosing his job.

Old 01-29-2007, 12:57 PM   #4  
CoreyvsWorld
Warlord

Man khaoz, to think of all the things you could do in your time spent bashing sony.

Old 01-29-2007, 05:24 PM   #5  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

It takes me like 5 minutes a day to copy and paste all these things from 1up, gamespot, teamxbox, digg.com, etc etc. Not sure what I could do with that 5 minutes differently, but I enjoy keeping up and debating videogame news. It's been something I've enjoyed since the SNES vs the Sega Genesis.

Old 01-30-2007, 09:20 PM   #6  
CoreyvsWorld
Warlord

Well if its in the spirt of debating than i guess thats alright. To be honest i agree that i think sony messed up with the ps3. They didnt take into consideration the gamer or the developer at all. Its really not that bad though, I own one as long as well as a wii and an xbox360. My ps3 has never crashed or died and i've played well over 3 hours at a time. My ps3 plays every game (ps3, ps2, ps1, not that i've tried every game, but all my games play, and i've played quite a few.) If they dropped the price, and offered more exclusive titles then it would be sony ftw.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:19 AM   #7  
BearAssJoe
Killing Spree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyvsWorld
Well if its in the spirt of debating than i guess thats alright. To be honest i agree that i think sony messed up with the ps3. They didnt take into consideration the gamer or the developer at all. Its really not that bad though, I own one as long as well as a wii and an xbox360. My ps3 has never crashed or died and i've played well over 3 hours at a time. My ps3 plays every game (ps3, ps2, ps1, not that i've tried every game, but all my games play, and i've played quite a few.) If they dropped the price, and offered more exclusive titles then it would be sony ftw.

QFT

btw corey what games do you have for ur wii?

Old 01-31-2007, 10:52 PM   #8  
CoreyvsWorld
Warlord

Right now i have Madden 07, Elebits, Marvel ultimate alliance, warioware: Smooth moves and zelda. I had redsteel and rayman but beat them both and traded em in. Warioware is by far the best game out right now, if you dont have it GO BUY IT!

Old 01-31-2007, 10:52 PM   #9  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyvsWorld

Yeah, my 360 locks up once in a great while as well, so I feel you there, but it's not a big issue.

As for backward compat, i'm glad Sony got that fixed. I don't believe backward compat to be a big issue though, since I haven't touched an Xbox1 game since I got my 360, even though all the Xbox1 games I own do play in my 360.

You hit the nail on the head though. Sony is charging far too much for the PS3 when considering the 360 has the superior graphics processor.

People don't care about HD video playback in the masses yet, so I believe Sony screwed themselves by forcing bluRay on their buyers which in turn required Sony to charge more for their PS3. Instead, Sony should have been focusing on what current gen gamers really want, an Online experience and some innovation. Sony really needs to get on the ball there.

Sony's Advertising is all wrong as well. It has been proven time and time again that people in the masses, don't want a PC replacement hooked up to their livingroom TV. Sony is making the mistake 3DO, CDi, and many others have made in this area by advertising their gaming systems as a central entertainment hub, or a PC alternative.

Remove the R&D Sony spent on BluRay and how they had to do a quick fix for the design problems with the PS3(no set GPU till the last minute), and put a DVD player in the PS3 instead, and the cost would be well within reach, if not the same as the 360. This alone would have made a huge different. People would have picked up their trusty "PlayStation" brand name, because the hardware advantages the 360 has over the PS3 are minimal, and the average buyer could give 2 shits about how hard it is to program for the PS3, as long as the games were there.

Which brings us to the games. Why has Sony allowed MS to take near all of their exclusives? Now Microsoft has mounted a Massive exclusive line up of their own, as well as securing multi-platform releases that used to be PS3 exclusives. Sony should have never let that happen.

Now, like with the original PlayStation, killing off what was then the big gaming name brands, Sega, and nearly doing the same to Nintendo, now Sony is the one watching their shiny PlayStation household name brand slowly fade. The initial rush of PS3 purchases was a sign of that name brand holding true, but now with PS3s stacking up on shelves, we're seeing what the masses think, and the masses aren't happy with current gen prices.

Nintendo DS and now the WII are selling out everywhere like mad, having by far the greatest launch of any console ever, the greatest second and third months of any console ever. The Masses have spoken, and what they want are lower prices, and more fun. Wii has sold more consoles in less than 3 months than the PS2 sold in 9. Is it because of the insane graphics of the Wii? The High Def gaming? The High Def movie player? No, the wii doesn't have high def, it barely has better graphics than the Game Cube in some cases, and it has NO movie player.

The Masses have spoken, and what they have said, not even I would have guessed, being a "360 will win this round" guy, heh.

Nice to see the little guy clawing his way back to the top. Big ups to Nintendo.(Even if I was a Sega Fanboy as a kid :))

Old 02-01-2007, 01:28 AM   #10  
CoreyvsWorld
Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoZ \FA\
Yeah, my 360 locks up once in a great while as well, so I feel you there, but it's not a big issue.

As for backward compat, i'm glad Sony got that fixed. I don't believe backward compat to be a big issue though, since I haven't touched an Xbox1 game since I got my 360, even though all the Xbox1 games I own do play in my 360.

You hit the nail on the head though. Sony is charging far too much for the PS3 when considering the 360 has the superior graphics processor.

People don't care about HD video playback in the masses yet, so I believe Sony screwed themselves by forcing bluRay on their buyers which in turn required Sony to charge more for their PS3. Instead, Sony should have been focusing on what current gen gamers really want, an Online experience and some innovation. Sony really needs to get on the ball there.

Sony's Advertising is all wrong as well. It has been proven time and time again that people in the masses, don't want a PC replacement hooked up to their livingroom TV. Sony is making the mistake 3DO, CDi, and many others have made in this area by advertising their gaming systems as a central entertainment hub, or a PC alternative.

Remove the R&D Sony spent on BluRay and how they had to do a quick fix for the design problems with the PS3(no set GPU till the last minute), and put a DVD player in the PS3 instead, and the cost would be well within reach, if not the same as the 360. This alone would have made a huge different. People would have picked up their trusty "PlayStation" brand name, because the hardware advantages the 360 has over the PS3 are minimal, and the average buyer could give 2 shits about how hard it is to program for the PS3, as long as the games were there.

Which brings us to the games. Why has Sony allowed MS to take near all of their exclusives? Now Microsoft has mounted a Massive exclusive line up of their own, as well as securing multi-platform releases that used to be PS3 exclusives. Sony should have never let that happen.

Now, like with the original PlayStation, killing off what was then the big gaming name brands, Sega, and nearly doing the same to Nintendo, now Sony is the one watching their shiny PlayStation household name brand slowly fade. The initial rush of PS3 purchases was a sign of that name brand holding true, but now with PS3s stacking up on shelves, we're seeing what the masses think, and the masses aren't happy with current gen prices.

Nintendo DS and now the WII are selling out everywhere like mad, having by far the greatest launch of any console ever, the greatest second and third months of any console ever. The Masses have spoken, and what they want are lower prices, and more fun. Wii has sold more consoles in less than 3 months than the PS2 sold in 9. Is it because of the insane graphics of the Wii? The High Def gaming? The High Def movie player? No, the wii doesn't have high def, it barely has better graphics than the Game Cube in some cases, and it has NO movie player.

The Masses have spoken, and what they have said, not even I would have guessed, being a "360 will win this round" guy, heh.

Nice to see the little guy clawing his way back to the top. Big ups to Nintendo.(Even if I was a Sega Fanboy as a kid :))

Man usually when i see forum posts like that one, i skip right over them, but for some reason i managed to read every word of that.

Not to sound stupid, but it kind of hurts to see Sony take a hit like this. Playstation was the first system i was ever really all about. Playstation and sega while they had sega channel, that thing was the shit. Then the ps2 came out and that fulfilled the legacy that psOne had left behind. I honestly wasnt planning on buying a ps3, but my dad wanted one so he helped me pay for half, and like I said, its really not too bad of a system, graphics are great, and over time they will only get better.

At the moment, i think both microsoft and sony are level with graphics, microsoft even a little better, but the capabilities that bluRay has are tremendous, 50 gigs is a lot of space for game developers to use. And if the price would drop, I'm sure people would start to take it more for what its worth.

Nintendo really did hit it out of the park though with the wii and the DS, they are both so much fucking fun i cant even describe it, and the DS has the type of game that i like to play, like ff3 and children of mana. hopefully they will stay on the top, im a little worried about mature gamers getting into it, if nintendo even decides to make more mature games.

but when it comes down to it, i havent been able to really get into any of my systems because when im home I'm either playing WoW (funny story, i sold my account for 500 bucks and bought it back from the idiot for 50) or warcraft 3 DotA, those two games consume my video game life.