Go Back   Fallen Angels > Fallen Divisions > Retired Divisions > Everquest 2

Mentoring/ Beginner's Guide
Old 10-30-2006, 03:24 AM   #1  
Rasselas
Humiliation!

Default Mentoring/ Beginner's Guide

The Guild needs some form of Mentoring to help noobs with their questions. E.G.

1.how many pts. does it take to advance?

2. How do I chat via voice? How do I switch servers?

3. How do I group with people properly?

4. How do I group with my guild?

5. What is the difference?

6. How can I best serve the guild?

Thanks in advance for the the feedback.

Rasselas

Old 10-30-2006, 10:39 AM   #2  
Lurgid
First Blood!

1. I apologize for you not getting the rundown ofhow things work in our guild when you first joined. The majority of the times someone new joins our guild, it's an alt of player already in the guild, or has had prior experience in other guilds, as most guilds run in similar fashion, although some are more rigid than others. So, that leads us to be lazy sometimes when a new recruit joins, as we don't really have to explain any rules, because there really aren't that many.

We take a very casual approach which works out the best for Rathious and I, as our first guild on a different server fell apart when we started to take a more rigid and hardlined approach. We rely very much on our Officers and Senior Officers to be our eyes and ears around Norrath. With that being said, your first promotion is not based off any points (status points or other) per se. The first promotion is just a chance to "try us on for size." It is a much for your benefit as it is for ours as whole. Bsically, it's an approximate two week period to see if you like us, and if you plan on sticking around we'll promote you. As time goes on, you may earn more promotions, based on your dedication to the betterment of the guild. Now, this doesn't mean you must play 40+ hours a week, attend X number of raids, join Y number of groups, or anything like that. Just more so showing us that you really do want to be part of our team.

2. We use Teamspeak as our primary mode of voice chats. You may download it from http://www.goteamspeak.com/index.php...ownloads&id=1a I don't have the IP address handy right now, but it is in the guild MOTD accessible ingame. Someone should be able to walk you trhrough the setup in guild chat/tells. The main thing is making sure "Push to Talk" is setup. We really don't want to hear every time you cough or sneeze. ;)

2b) Switch what servers? Each character you create in Everquest 2 is assigned to a single server, and each server is is own persistant world. If you want to play on a different server, our guild would not exist there. There is a way to switch servers for a fee, but, however, you can't switch off of a Station Exchange server nor a PVP server, and Vox, the server we are on, is both. If you want to play on a different server, you would have to create a new character and join it that way. We'll be glad to show you the ropes, but, like I mentioned in your other thread, we have to know that you are a newbie so we make sure that we don't assume that you know things us veterens take for granted. We really are helpful. At least, I like to think that we are.

3. You will probably have the most fun in a group consisting of fellow guild members, while voice chatting. As far as grouping "properly" I'd venture that is up to interpretation. All guild groups, and most pick up groups, tend to operate on a "Need Before Greed" system. What that means, is if in your case, a really cool wand or adept or master spell drops that is usuable only by Wizards, then you should "roll" on the lotto. If there are two or more wizards in the group, the two wizards should roll and the winner of the roll would get the item. A lot of times loots and such go pretty quick, and usually everyone rolls on most things unless it is really valuable and has a clear cut use for one particular member of the group. Just speak up after the roll if someone got something that you could really use (not that you just want to sell it) more so than the person who won the item.

4. Speak up in guild chat! To speak in the guild chat, preface whatever you type with /gu Even if you bring up the guild window by pressing 'U' and seeing noone on that is near your level, a lot of people in the guild have alts of lower levels that could help you out and group with you.

5. A group made of of guild members is a more cohesive unit. We have the ability to plan strategys on the fly much more quickly by utilizing voice chat, we want to see you succeed, so a group of guild members would probably offer you and give you much more of the loot, since at the lower levels if the guildie is using an alt, doesn't really need much, as that person just probably syphons money from his higher level toon to his lower level toon.

6. The best way to "serve" us, is by PvPing, doing guild writs, guild raids (not so much at your level), and Heritage Quests. In a looser sense, just help the guild in the way that is fun for you. If you like tradeskilling, make others armor for the cost of fuel, if you like adventuring, go out there and adventure with others from the guild. Most of all, have fun!

On My Way Up
Old 10-30-2006, 11:46 AM   #3  
Rasselas
Humiliation!

Talking On My Way Up

Lurgid,

Thanks for the reply. You answered my questions thoroughlyand thoughfully. I'm glad to be a part of this guild. Now I can get started!

Rasselas

Old 10-31-2006, 12:07 PM   #4  
Umeil

Umeil is

I must admit that is a damn sweet reply and had i been a newbie it would answer just about every basic question

Nicely done man

Old 11-03-2006, 10:45 AM   #5  
danlar
Humiliation!

also if your completely new to the game, pretty much as soon as you've logged in and were on the island you ran a few quests..

add this link to your favorites in your favorite browser
http://eq2.ogaming.com/db

this is about the best eq2 database there is, almost everything to be known in the eq2 universe is there... if you need help with a quest go to the advanced search thats listed under Quests and just type the name of the quest as it shows in your journal. it'll give you step by step run through of the quest..

Old 11-03-2006, 10:55 AM   #6  
danlar
Humiliation!

also check out http://maps.eq2interface.com/ this is a map overlay that will give you coordinates of quest items and such.. its also a must have in the eq2 world..