Go Back   Fallen Angels > Fallen Divisions > Retired Divisions > Counter-Strike

Alright, so here goes
Old 08-30-2006, 05:34 AM   #1  
Sc0rPi0n
Super Moderator

Default Alright, so here goes

Listen, not coming back to CS. Too much I have to do, too much RL issues, I just can't base my life around a game. I can't play competitively. However, this is what I am going to do. I am going to come back and help out, initially...going to show you all how to turn 5 pub scrubs into a fully functional frag machine ready to take on CAL, set up strats, execute strats, and get our name out there. But #1, going to leave w/e I have to, and #2, everything will have to be done my way 100% while in server. This means, when its my time, its not play time..its GO time. If I critisize you, get over it. If I yell or scream or chastize you, its part of the learning process. It isn't going to be like joining a random server and looking at your name at the top of the frag list. Do you all like losing scrims? If not, If you want to win and compete, your gonna have to be miserable while practicing instead. While in vent, I request ventrilo silence while I am talking. If you have a question, type it out; do not interupt me. Scrimmages are learning processes, after every round we will break down what went wrong or right. In fact, I have the tendancy of just having everyone sit in spawn and discuss something if it is that bad. The exception being, if I notice everything is being executed right and we are obviously performing well.

So I need a few things.

1)Who wants to play on the CAL team
2)Who wants to be SL after I am done, so I can help you out
3)What times are suitable for you all

I want to know exactly what we have to work with. What strats do you all already have? Who is the strat caller? Do you all have strats for every map? Buy strats, or positions? Rotations or spotters? Do you all know all the maps, the bounces and terrain?

So like I said, if you want to have a ton of fun while owning up the opposition, lets make this happen.

I would also like to request that a few aim maps, and awp map be put on the server.

http://cellfish.com/multimedia/110451

Old 08-30-2006, 05:59 AM   #2  
Sc0rPi0n
Super Moderator

BTW, here is the plan I have for getting everybody skilled up and ready for CAL.

MEET TIME

Everyone is in ventrilo atleast at this time; whether pugging or w/e. Everyone is moved into the pug channel. This is where I will explain what we are going to do for that day.

1)Aim practice

This is grueling, boring, and a headache, but must be done. When I played, I would ALWAYS do this. Basically we go on an aim map, pick a particular gun, and shoot at a wall. I will go over methods on how to control recoil, how to quicken your reaction time, aiming, and basically everything you can try to do skill wise with every gun in the game. This will take about an hour out of the day. ~30 minutes - 1 hour

2)Map practice

This can be somewhat fun, but is mainly meant for novices and beginners. In my world, we are going straight back to the beginning. However, this is VITAL to know in every map, everything has a name, a phrase, and a way in which to move around it. Everyone can run around the map and check out the sites, but mainly what we are trying to do is learn the angles and positions necessary to defend or advance. We will be setting up CT positions and Terrorist advance positions. ~30 minutes

3)Situational encounters

Here we set up a possible match encounter that can occur, and run it again and again and again. Everyone knows what is going to happen unlike a match, which effectively makes it more difficult. We will be taking what we learned from the Map practice part of practice and applying it to the encounter.

4)Scrimmages

We may not scrim at all for a week. Likewise, when everyone gets better, we may be scrimming most of practice. I will dictate the pace in which we go, and the level of competition we will face. This may range from a friendly match with skoob's team or some of my friends from another clan, or I may arrange for us to go against a CAL-M+ team. The one thing that I ask in every scrim is that you are respectful no matter what the opposition says. No one will be talking in scrims except for the squad leader, this will prepare you for match's. If I do not like what the other team is doing, they will be kicked immediatly.

5)Matches

The final product. I may or may not be around when you are all finally able to compete in matches, but I thought it would be fair to explain how match days go. Everyone is responsible to arrive atleast an hour before a match is set to begin. This includes starters and fill ins. An hour before the match we will do a walkthrough of the strats and some quick buys just to make sure all binds and settings are in place. This also provides time for people to check on their connection or handle dinner or bathroom. At 30 minutes to match the scheduler/SL will attempt to contact the other team and confirm the match for the night. If you are a starter and not here, a fill in will be taking your spot at this time. Also during this time, everyone is allowed to take a 15 minute break, listen to music, w/e. I also ask that everyone stretch out their arms and legs and do some routine excercises to make sure the blood circulation in your body is good and your thinking clearly. At 5 minutes to match I will give a short synapsis on what we are trying to accomplish, and usually a motivational speech. Do not be scared. At exactly match time, everybody will enter server at exact same time, and join w/e side they are required to; and will follow standard CAL regulations from then on out while executing what was gone over in practice.

6)Over days

These are the days following the matches. This is a special practice day designed to get everyone focused on the CAL match of the week. New strategies will be gone over, and depending on the level of the team, scrimmages will be on this map. The number one thing about this day is to shake off the rust from the map and fix things that need to be fixed.

Old 08-30-2006, 10:52 AM   #3  
Kudos
CS Team Member

whats the age req. for cal?

and im good anytime after 7:30 eastern. 4:30 my time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBlade
Yeah that Kudos kid is fucking funny as a goat!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoZ \FA\
For sure kudos is one suckass dude.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:42 AM   #4  
skoob
Wicked Sick!

gotta be like 13 for cal i believe.

gl to you guys :)

Old 08-30-2006, 03:41 PM   #5  
Sc0rPi0n
Super Moderator

Skoob. Eat a dick?

Old 08-30-2006, 03:44 PM   #6  
Sc0rPi0n
Super Moderator

7:30 looks good for me as well. Looking forward to talking to Cobra and all haha