Go Back   Fallen Angels > General Discussion > Anything Goes!

Picked up Lost Planet for PC
Old 09-08-2007, 04:04 PM   #1  
MegamanEXE
First Blood!

Default Picked up Lost Planet for PC

Damn, I like it a lot. What a fun game. Nothing short of a spectacular job from Capcom, you can tell it is Japanese made which is another reason I absolutely love it! I just wish I could run the DirectX 10 Version. The DirectX 9 is still gorgeous, the most beautiful game I have played on my PC to date, previously held by Oblivion. The multiplayer is lacking, though.

It reminds me a lot of Kojima Studios' 2 Zone of the Enders games, which are among my favorite PS2 games of all time.

Old 09-08-2007, 05:06 PM   #2  
eighteesix / Killya
Call of Duty Staff

i didnt care much for enders, but i loved lost planet on 360 when i played it, even to lukewarm reviews by others i enjoyed it.

the multiplayer is lacking but the players are extremely dedicated, and good. give it a shot, its fun.

Old 09-08-2007, 05:24 PM   #3  
MegamanEXE
First Blood!

Damn...I had to walk away. I keep getting my ass kicked by Green Eye on the 6th mission....

Old 09-09-2007, 02:21 AM   #4  
MegamanEXE
First Blood!

Ok, so I made it through that level alright, and I am a few a head now. I have a few things to say about the game. Keiji Inafune, the creator of the game (and, rather ironically, of the Rockman/Megaman series), has plainly been studying Hideo Kojima's games. The game's entire style is very reminiscent of scenes from Metal Gear Solid, as well as Zone of the Enders. Not saying this is a negative, but I am saying its what made me feel so comfortable with the game. The way the action scenes are shot, like the camera is being held by someone, is very Kojima-like. The E.D.N. III looks a lot like Callisto in Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner. Some of the more basic VSs' look like the LEV units in ZOE.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZASrKhpvU...elated&search=

/breath
/rant

Last edited by MegamanEXE : 09-09-2007 at 02:42 AM.

Old 09-09-2007, 05:56 AM   #5  
Sc0rPi0n
Super Moderator

go to sleep

http://cellfish.com/multimedia/110451

Old 09-09-2007, 11:42 AM   #6  
IceBlade
Forum Nazi

Cool video.

Old 09-09-2007, 01:10 PM   #7  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

Yeah, I really liked Lost Planet on the 360. Freeman owns it on the 360 as well. One of the best looking games out there IMO. They did a great job with the snow and everything. I really like the feel of the game overall though. It controls so well.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:24 PM   #8  
MegamanEXE
First Blood!

Just finished it. Excuse me for continually bringing this us, but by the end of the game it had become ZOE (lol). The last boss fight is exactly like the final Jehuty vs Anubis battle. You are fighting right there in front of the "doomsday device", you are both equally powerful, and the last boss is easier than the ones you fought in the middle of the game.

On the whole, I absolutely loved it. I hope they make a sequel, although how it ended would kind of make that hard to pull off (unless they pull a Prince of Persia 3, where they acted like the second game ended differently).

I am suprised my computer held up so well too. I was totally expecting the game to rape my 7900 GT OC, but my framerate rarely fell under 30, and most of the time it was in the 50's. I had most of the settings turned up too. For such a visually stunning game, I am very impressed with how well every cutscene flowed with no slowdown. I also did not encounter one bug in the entire game.

10/10, this took me back to 2003 when I played ZOE2, and any game that can do that for me gets a perfect score.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:31 AM   #9  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

What's ZOE?

Old 09-10-2007, 12:31 AM   #10  
MegamanEXE
First Blood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoZ
What's ZOE?

Zone of the Enders. Its called ZOE for short.