Go Back   Fallen Angels > Fallen Divisions > Retired Divisions > Gears of War

What We Will Need To Accomplish To Be A Successful Clan
Old 11-05-2006, 11:46 PM   #1  
.Endless
Humiliation!

Default What We Will Need To Accomplish To Be A Successful Clan

A bit early for a topic like this, yes. Am I just improvising everything I say based on speculations, sure am! Well, enjoy this little tidbit by the one and only, .Endless. :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Team Analysis
One of the things that will make or break us, is knowing each other. I do recommend that after a couple of days of practicing, we all get together in some custom games, and get some practice/set up some tactical things.

Now, what do I mean by knowing each other?
-This can go on to mean many different things, but I do no mean this so much as in a, do you have a wife, type of way. I mean this as in, "Ok, FA|Sasquatch is good with the Sniper Rifle." In knowing how we all work together in this fashion, then our battles with clans, or skirmishes will be much more successful in the future outcomes. Also, for the people in the Gears of War division of the Fallen Angels clan that are going to be planning/mapping out strategies, then this will also help us out tremendously.

What other stuff is important in 'Team Analysis'?
-Many other things to elaborate on from my previous statement. We will need plenty of knowledge outside of who uses what weapons efficiently. Below is a list of what else I mean.

Personal
‡There are many things that fall under the personal category. Don't interpret what we mean by 'Personal' wrong. When we say this, we mean as in, what are your schedules like. How high is your motivation to win, how good is your temper, can you hold a good position, do you have patience? Many different things can fall under this category, most of the important things are below.
‡- What are your exact playing hours? This will help us organize clan matches/skirmishes better. This will also help us set up clan practices, and other things.
‡- How is your patience, and will to stay in position? This can help with not only game-play, but also can help with how well people get along in the clan. Weird? Not really, let me explain. Say you have a person that likes to rush, doesn't have patience, and can't stay still, talking to someone who has patience, is relaxed and laid back. It would be a nightmare. This can create a conflict on the battleground as well as in the Fallen Angels Clan home, which is very un-wanted.

Who are YOU?
‡One of the most important things includes, who are you?
‡- The most important part of teamwork, and survival, is knowing who you are. You need to know if you can do what you are about to attempt. Do you hesitate with controls? Not that good with cover? Be sure to let the Clan know, that way, we can work around defending you if something goes wrong. And, eventually, with training, you can improve. Further elaborating on this topic. You need to know, if they offer me this weapon, will I be able to use it to the fullest of the Clan, or is someone better? Confess to the Clan what all your pros and cons are about yourself, this will not only help us improve you as a player, but also help us re-strategize around you.

Who are Your Personal Enemies?
‡Though it is certainly not advised to make enemies within the Fallen Angels Clan, if you did have a spat with one of the members, or just find that you don't mix well with their personality, let one of the Clan Leaders know. That way, they can make sure that you guys aren't together in a tournament, or in a skirmish/clan battle. This will again, make the Clan better as a whole, and also make you do better personally.

Know The Game!
Gears of War. Know and remember that name, it is life or death in this division. Know that the game is not about rushing, it isn't about running around, it isn't about trying to destroy an entire team by yourself.

Teamwork
The other thing that will make the Gears of War division of the Clan Fallen Angels, is Teamwork. In the following sections, I will be describing everything about how to work together to make the Clan, as a whole, better.

Can you give a rundown of Teamwork?
-Notice that there is no 'I' in Teamwork. Although, if you mix up the letters, there is a 'Me'. Yes, sure there is a 'Me' in Teamwork, but, that is not what we are trying to do. With Teamwork, we need to stick together, stay as one, stay in unison, and stay perfect. This is where the 'Me' factor becomes canceled out. If we mix up, don't stay in unison, go different areas in the map, we achieve what is called Failure. Sure, then you have the 'Me' factor, but that is not what matters in this game.

What can I do to improve the team?
-Many different things! A lot of this works with the 'Team Analysis'. Making the team better is, of course, a team project. No single person can make a team better. It has to be a combined effort of everyone.

What would you say is good behavior on the field?
-Well, depends on what you were assigned to do. Some of the general things that everyone in the Clan should be good at, and be able to do is listed below:
--Use your cover!
---Follow your team, use the cover, follow them, and follow orders. Don't attack with the whole, "You are not my boss, I don't have to listen to you!" Hopefully, in the Clan Fallen Angels, we will have only the best, and they will all be trained to give accurate instructions at times of need. If they do not know what to do, then they more than likely, won't be giving you orders.
--Communication!
---ALWAYS, and I repeat, ALWAYS, communicate. If you do not have a microphone, the listen very carefully to instructions. If you are not sure of something, ALWAYS, ask. It isn't better to pretend like you know what you are doing, and fake acting it out.
--Respect!
---This is one thing that many Clans refuse to have. They have it to a moderate standpoint, but it is not nearly high enough. People need to have respect for their 'higher up' Clan members, or other members. Respect, in its own way, can make or break you on the field. Respect the decisions of your Clan, respect the planned out, and respect your allies. This can make the game a lot funner. It also gives you a better sense of accomplishment.
--Know the area!
---Maps have been provided as spoilers, and tactical maps will be provided for the Clan. If you are new to it, or haven't had time to study, that is fine, the Clan will help you do what you need to. It is highly recommended that you memorize our stategic plans, and also the maps in general. Where weapons/grenades spawn, and most importantly, memorize your enemies common plans. Everyone has a common plan that they all follow without thinking about it, memorize your enemies, so that you may ambush them without them even preparing for it.

EXPECTED TO CHANGE AS WE FIND OUT MORE

Last edited by .Endless : 11-06-2006 at 12:00 AM.

Old 11-06-2006, 12:47 AM   #2  
FreemaN
Super Moderator

Good stuff, most of this is normal criteria for all FA competitive teams. Most of you guys should take well to note this.

Old 11-06-2006, 02:21 AM   #3  
Napir
SC2 Team

I agree with Freeman nice work Endless ;)

Old 11-06-2006, 03:17 AM   #4  
.Endless
Humiliation!

Why thank you Napir =) Nice Signature.

Old 11-06-2006, 10:36 AM   #5  
Napir
SC2 Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Endless
Why thank you Napir =) Nice Signature.

Np dude and about my Sig thx but im not verry happy with it now (why i don't have paint skils like Khaoz dammit ):o
Good thread only like you said â€*Who are YOU?
I mis youre Additional Information on youre profile on the forums lol
Anyway im working on some skils for the 360 because i always played with mouse and keyboard but believe me i get it done im looking forward to play with you all with GoW.
Specialy with a the guy's in here they are real serious with this stuff :)
Keep it up Guy's see you later :D

Old 11-06-2006, 04:06 PM   #6  
srybouturjugular
Humiliation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napir
Anyway im working on some skils for the 360 because i always played with mouse and keyboard

lol, same with me man, i was a pc gamer who sucked when i played lan on halo
but this was good info, and being a realism player in CoD i know that teamwork is essential:D
my clan went from being one of the worst to one of the best in the tactical realsim community by vastly improving communication and teamwork

Old 11-06-2006, 07:14 PM   #7  
.Endless
Humiliation!

Yeah, that is all that matters pretty much. Also, keeping your soldiers trained to be the best, and be knowledgeable in their actions is also important.

Old 11-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #8  
Bromster
Gears of War Team

Really nice work there Endless. That is some well thought out information.

Old 11-07-2006, 02:43 AM   #9  
blood

blood is

Yeah, Endless is really on top of things.

props,
blood