Go Back   Fallen Angels > General Discussion > Anything Goes!

Old 12-07-2006, 04:48 PM   #21  
lhurgoyf
ƒ¯ƒ¥ƒ°ƒ°,,L

check the cache folder, sometimes thing dont decrypt and so the encrypted files will still be there

I killed a warlock once, then credits started rolling and it said "Congratulations, you have beat World of Warcraft!" And then I died from Dots.

Old 12-07-2006, 05:10 PM   #22  
IceBlade
Forum Nazi

But how would I manually decrypt them?

Old 12-07-2006, 07:01 PM   #23  
lhurgoyf
ƒ¯ƒ¥ƒ°ƒ°,,L

you will have to search the grabit website/forums for yenc ydecr or something similar. I know its there because i've had the problem perviously.

I assume because you are having this problem that you changed the directory where the files are downloaded to? If so, go to the groups list and refresh/download a new list, that should fix the problem.

I killed a warlock once, then credits started rolling and it said "Congratulations, you have beat World of Warcraft!" And then I died from Dots.

Old 12-07-2006, 08:44 PM   #24  
IceBlade
Forum Nazi

No I didn't change anything. I just happened all of a sudden. I did that refresh stuff and it didn't seem to do anything so I deleted everything and reinstalled it lol.

Old 12-08-2006, 10:16 PM   #25  
IceBlade
Forum Nazi

It happened again. I think it's because I deleted one of the groups folders from the download directory so instead of re-creating the folder it just keeps it in the cache. Now to figure out how to fix it.

Old 12-08-2006, 11:07 PM   #26  
lhurgoyf
ƒ¯ƒ¥ƒ°ƒ°,,L

search for newsleecher and download it. I find it better than grabit as it doesnt have these decrypt problems

Old 07-07-2007, 07:18 PM   #27  
eighteesix / Killya
Call of Duty Staff

lhurgoyf whats this amazing usenet server that you subscribe to? and is it possible to successfully take advantage of usenet on a mac? or do i not have the necessary programs available to me?

iceblade maybe you can give me a rundown of how this works. im reading the stuff from this post and the links associated with it but im still a bit lost. theres some subscription i have, and i have news reader software, i find files, download them.. thats about all i understand so far.

theres NZB Sites and search sites, but you need to be ANOTHER subscription fee for the search sites? im confused what the first subscription place is (giganews?) if you also have another one like http://www.binnews.com ?

Last edited by eighteesix / Killya : 07-07-2007 at 07:45 PM.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:39 PM   #28  
lhurgoyf
ƒ¯ƒ¥ƒ°ƒ°,,L

You have a usenet provider, like an ISP, which your subscribe to. I use giganews.

You need an application which can download and decode the binary files you download from usenet: grabit, newsleecher, etc.

You have to find the files. newsleecher offers a super search which costs $$. Sites such as newzbin.com index the contents of usernet much like a torrent tracker (nzb files are uploaded by moderators). You also can search individual files through newzbin, although not as thoroughly as with say newsleecher supersearch. A place like newzbin costs ~$15 a year.

So you end with somewhere from $5-30 a month for access to usenet. Then for best options you have a small cost for indexing services. If you download a lot then this is a great deal and a great overall resource. You can even go an extra lvl and get ssl with your downloads so no one would ever be able to tell what you downloaded. You will never get an ISP telling you downloaded xx.zip off of usenet, not going to happen. They can only tell that you are eating up bandwidth, that is all.

Ice can cover everything else since he recently made the plunge ;o

Old 07-08-2007, 04:18 AM   #29  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

usenet rocks. Been using it for a few years now, and don't know what i'd do without it.

Old 07-08-2007, 01:53 PM   #30  
eighteesix / Killya
Call of Duty Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhurgoyf
Ice can cover everything else since he recently made the plunge ;o

lol. alright. ice, get your ass in here.

i actually do download quite a bit. i have multiple operating systems and enjoy having games for both, and i'll probably continue to download music using OiNK.me.uk (private tracker) because it has a vast library, but i maybe ill be able to lose my netflix subscription if i pickup usenet. i get 3 dvds at amy given time and i rip them when i get them and send them back. would usenet be able to replace that?