Closed Thread

*UPDATED* Starsiege 2845 Division Start Interest Thread
Old 10-19-2006, 07:59 PM   #1  
blood

blood is
Default *UPDATED* Starsiege 2845 Division Start Interest Thread

UPDATED 12/20/06
CURRENT VERSION: 1.1a

Please post here if you read this and are interested in joining the division once the final Starsiege 2845 is released.
THIS GAME'S MUTLIPLAYER IS GOING TO BE 100% FREE
THE SINGE PLAYER IS SUPPOSED TO BE FREE TOO, Publisher permitting.
WOOT!

Here is a bit of background on the old Starsiege...

The human race has colonized mars and the Earth's Moon. A great rebellion against the imperials has started lead by Harabec. The uprise was ordered to be suppressed by the imperial leader Caanon, Harabec's brother. During the rebellion, Cybrids, humanly dubbed "Glitches," have come to annihalate the human race, rebels and imperials alike. Your only chance to save humanity is to set aside differences and join forces and stop the Cybrids. The Cybrid's leader, Prometheus, will not let this happen. You travel across the Moon, Mars, Earth, and many unique places to hunt down these glitches. The maps are huge, the gameplay is fast paced, but simple. You control squads in single player and can form squads in the multiplayer. Tactics are your only hope. Will is your only friend. Courage your weapon. In your hercs and tanks the human race proves what it can be.

Here is a demo of the old starsiege:
Click here to watch Starsiege_demo

The new ATR has been released (Alpha Tech Release) which demonstrates what type of direction the game is going in. Together, Death Eagle and I, have tested this game and found it potentially superior to the first SS. We believe this will be the next and the only next big hit in Mech gaming. Below is a link to the ATR and a demo of me playing it. Please be aware this is not a product of any "final" type. This is not some "early release" of the game. It is merely a demonstration to show that it works and what to expect from the beta. Beta then gets formed into the final, which is when this division would start. Some background from filefront.com follows.

The year is 2845...
The great war called the Starsiege has been over for six years.

Fractured and confused after the fall of their progenitor god-tyrant, Prometheus, the Cybrids fled into the darkness of the solar system’s outer rim. Throughout the colonies as well as on hallowed Earth, humanity sifted through the charred remains of the Starsiege, gave thanks for its deliverance, and began to rebuild.

However, humanity’s third brush with near-extinction in as many centuries has left it neither complacent nor naive. This time they will not wait for the sword to fall. This time humanity will strike first.

Determined not to relent in the pursuit of mankind’s greatest enemy, Emperor Caanon dispatches an armada into the deeps beyond the ghost-orbit of broken Pluto, tasked with the mission of finding the Cybrids and destroying them once and for all.

There, in the outermost darkness, three soldiers will come to grips with a humbling secret, and one, under the light of an alien star, will make a terrifying choice on behalf of all humanity.

Here is a demo of the Starsiege 2845 ATR:
Click here to watch Starsiege_2845_demo2 -- Updated on Nov 20, 2006.

DOWNLOADS:
Main Game: [Filefront.com (Fast!)]
Mirror: [Friendly Clan, NerdHerd]
Mirror: [rlgaming.com]

This patch was released on the Dec 20th, 2006. It added lots o' content and fixes (that worked):
[Starsiege 2845 1.1a Patch]

Make sure to do what the text says here: [http://www.clancorenetwork.com/forum...ad.php?t=14340]

And you're good to go. Enjoy :)

If you need to get ahold of me for questions or such, I will gladly answer them. My xfire is "downhillgames", feel free to add me.

})FA| blood

Last edited by blood : 01-06-2007 at 05:37 AM. Reason: New patch 1.1a is linked in the thread with setup instructions at the bottom.

Old 10-19-2006, 08:39 PM   #2  
KiLLinGSpRee
Humiliation!

Very Very interested!

Old 10-19-2006, 09:07 PM   #3  
Supernova
Gears of War Team

Count me in, it sounds fun

Old 10-20-2006, 02:24 AM   #4  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

Game looks sick man, gotta move this thread though. I'll leave a link to it in this forum to get it more notice.

Might have to try this game out though.

Old 10-20-2006, 02:58 AM   #5  
blood

blood is

whoops! i'm usually really good about where i post. sorry about that.

yes it's an awwwesome game. at least play it on the side. Multiplayer is gonna be free and they are trying to make campaign mode free too :) if not "for a nomnial fee" it says.

Old 10-20-2006, 03:14 AM   #6  
Death_Eagle_571
Humiliation!

I was a major player back in the old Starsiege days, and I found it very fun, and this is even better, I think you guys will love this!

Last edited by Death_Eagle_571 : 10-20-2006 at 03:37 AM.

Old 11-13-2006, 05:40 PM   #7  
Apostle
Humiliation!

ill go for it.

once the final is released.

Old 11-13-2006, 06:29 PM   #8  
Apostle
Humiliation!

wait, its a year away?

nvrm. ill get it soon.

Old 11-14-2006, 01:29 PM   #9  
blood

blood is

The official release date is undetermined. There is a post in the official forum stating that every time they set a date bad stuff happens and they lose people. Since they have stopped setting dates things have gone smooth. So, we'll just get whatever, whenever. In the mean time we play the ATR nightly. This is not *required* for anybody except the squad members, whom are yet to be determined. All I know is stay away from Supernova if he has a wraith. Actually, you might wanna just drop out the game or switch teams, 'cause he's crazy with that thing. At any rate, we'll see what the newcomvers bring to the table :)

Note: We use Cobra's vent to talk/meet/play. Private message or xfire me for the connect info. My xfire name is downhillgames. Or simply search the forums for it.

})FA|blood

Last edited by blood : 11-15-2006 at 12:17 PM.

Old 11-15-2006, 12:09 PM   #10  
blood

blood is

I'm soon to record a new demo with some actual gameplay. There are people on more consistantly now. Keep 'posted' for updates. As always, any questions you have or if you are interested in joining, hit me up on xfire. My username is downhillgames. You can also private message me on the forums, here, but you must be registered to do that.

})FA|blood

Last edited by blood : 11-15-2006 at 12:27 PM.

Closed Thread